Thursday, February 9, 2012

Keeping Busy and First 2012 Finishes !

Being thankful today for my husband, my sisters, our kids and grandkids... and of course, my sewing.

Wanted to share some 2012 Finishes today !!   And later -- I'll share the lovely things that are "Work in Progress" along with a beautiful quilt that our granddaughter, Emily, is nearly done with  !!

Here is a Blackbird Designs - Reward of Merit Pincushion  "Bird in Hand"

Most of you know that Red Birds are one of my very favorite -- this Red Bird caught my attention a few months ago when a fellow quilter, teacher, mentor, and now friend had it stitched. 
Here is my version:

*
Now remember -- I haven't done a cross stitch in ummm  14 years ?  So this was my first try in a long time -- I just love the way it turned out though.   Thanks Debbie for helping me with the finish.  I lined the linen with muslin (to avoid heat-n-bond or fusible products - long story) and filled with crushed walnuts.  

Two other things I've done just this week -- in preparation for Valentine's Day and to practice my Free Motion Quilting on my home machine.... (don't look too close (wink, wink))....



I must say -- these two ladies Joanne Thread Head and Leah Day have inspiried me to try and continue to practice free motion quilting... thank you both so much... you continue to be my inspiration !!

Well - more later - I've been working a Flannel Quilt in Memory of my Horse Friends -- just waiting for the backing fabric to arrive in the mail -- and this one will get shipped off to the quilter !!

Hugs...

Karen

PS - Linked up to Liz's Finishes

1 comment:

  1. Your cross-stitch turned out beautifully. So did your quilting. I especially like the quilting on the smaller piece

    ReplyDelete