Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Charity Table Runner

I just LOVE this table runner pattern "Pickety Sticks" -- by Heather Mulder Peterson (Anka's Treasures - On a Roll Again) -- when I need something quick, fun and simple I turn to this pattern  (and cut out the scalloped edges -- I still struggle with them ; )
(do you love baby quilts -- modern ones ??  see Heather's Blog today  -- oh my)
  I quilted it on my Janome Horizon - I like to believe that I get better with each new project {wink}.
 
The runner was made for our son and daughter in law to donate to the church charity "Rama" this weekend.  I made a special little dated label for the back (darn -- no picture).    I hope it will bring in a few dollars in their live or silent auction.   
  I "cheated" a bit on the double fold binding -- sewing it by machine to the back of the runner and then using a machine decorative stitch w/ varigated thread to secure it to the front -- takes the hand sewing out of the picture but still looks pretty.
If you haven't tried this pattern (Pickety Sticks Table Runner) you really should -- fun fun.    

It even looked pretty with my deck flowers -- love those colors !
A May Finish -- fast and fun too !

Thanks for stopping by...
Hugs --

Karen

PS. Linking up to Connie's Linky Party Tuesday (see sidebar) -- some beautiful things there -- stop by and see.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely table runner...your quilting is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quick, yet thoughtful donation!! Thanks for sharing the idea...sometimes, I forget that things can be simple! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete